Free for XBOX One: PUBG

Discussion in 'General Games Discussion' started by The Broodwich, Nov 7, 2018.

1. The Broodwich

The Broodwich Well-Known Forum Member

Free if you don't have it, even without a sub: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/p...22xkehyroc9fs3i00&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Unannounced, unadvertised freebie lands ahead of Microsoft's X018 conference. PUBG, the game that kicked off an international "battle royale" gaming sensation, is currently free for all Xbox One owners. From a report:
    Even if you do not have a paid Xbox Live Gold subscription, you can head to this link and claim what appears to be a permanent copy of the game for your Microsoft Account. Timed trials of Xbox One games tend to be exclusive treats for XBLG subscribers.

trizznut and Dstraktd like this.
  2. clutch

clutch mother BITCH!

Microsoft makes you pay 60 for the game, 60 for xbox live a month, 600 for a console, 40 for an adapter cord to connect to your monitor/tv.

Sad Sony is going down the same road. PC MASTER RACE! We pay a lot less

trizznut and The Broodwich like this.
  3. lousypirate

lousypirate Well-Known Forum Member

Isn’t live $60/yr? I never paid for online with any of my consoles(which ended with gamecube)

trizznut and Dstraktd like this.
  4. Donald Draper

Donald Draper Well-Known Forum Member

I saw some commentary the other day predicting PUBG going FTP on all platforms and cashing in on the skins/microtransactions. Seems to make sense, I'd suppose they have largely tapped the market of those willing to pay full price. I'd be surprised if it was free on one console and not on all others/pc eventually.

5. lousypirate

lousypirate Well-Known Forum Member

Hopefully all that free loot might pay off!?

6. trizznut

trizznut Well-Known Forum Member

The only benefit to consol play is that it’s a level playing field and no cheaters.